Published: Monday 27 September 2021
Tēnā koutou katoa
> GET VACCINATED!
> Keep track of where you have been (COVID tracer app or other means)
> Wear a face covering when required in a public place
> Stay home if you are sick
Simple messages and we have complied brilliantly so far.
Now, there is a sense of urgency. NZ loses over $2 billion per week in a lockdown. That’s over a $100 billion per year, or almost a third of our GDP! We just cannot afford this. Leaving high debt for our future generations is a legacy that no one wants to bequeath. Vaccination jabs are now easy to get. Be a responsible Kiwi - get your jab! Please see your doctor, if you have any medical condition that stops you from getting one.
No Jab/No Job?
This is a battle for supremacy between Health & Safety vs Privacy vs Bill of Rights legislation. Most companies are going to have to deal with the dilemma of No Jab/No Job in the very near future. The government has to give the business community certainty on reconciling the necessity of keeping your staff and clients safe and healthy, versus honouring people’s privacy over their medical status, and protecting the civil and political rights of all New Zealanders under the New Zealand Bill of Rights Act 1990.
In the last fortnight, Chambers of Commerce across the nation successfully lobbied Government for continuing the Resurgence Support Payment. This second round has resulted in a $430million dollar payment to qualifying businesses towards rent and other overheads. This was possible because over 60,000 businesses (including many in Taranaki) signed a petition for this support payment.
TSB Business Excellence Awards
With the uncertainty of Covid-19 alert levels we have decided to move the date of the awards evening to Saturday 27 November. We are hopeful that this will allow more time for increased vaccination numbers and a move to Level One. It will also be a great opportunity for businesses and organisations to celebrate success and resilience with their teams in 2021. Tickets are on sale now – please go to our website or email email@example.com
All upcoming events will go ahead subject to Alert Levels. Please check our website for updates.
- For health and safety reasons there will be no Business Connections event in October
- Network of Trades will be hosted by Woodspan at Connett Road on Tuesday 12 October from 5.15pm-7.00pm
- The YES Regional Awards to celebrate our young entrepreneurs will be held on Wednesday 27 October at the Plymouth International
All upcoming training will go ahead subject to alert levels. Please check our website for updates.
- Te Reo Māori for Business – 10 week course starts this Friday 1 October from 12.00pm-1.00pm
- Speaking & Presenting with Confidence – 6 week course starts Monday 4 October from 12.00pm-1.00pm
- Microsoft Excel: Intermediate/Advanced – Wednesday 20 October
- Microsoft Excel: Dashboards – Thursday 28 October
- Blanchard Management Essentials – Wednesday 3 November
- Microsoft Excel: Macros & Introduction to VBA – Thursday 4 November
- Treaty of Waitangi 101 – Dates TBC
To RSVP for any of our events, register for training, or for more information click here
Is your business a Chamber Member?
If not, you are missing out on huge opportunities to showcase your business, grow your networks, be represented via our advocacy and be part of a vibrant Chamber network!
Let’s do better business, together!