Published: Monday 30 March 2020
Kia ora koutou
The COVID-19 pandemic has led to an unprecedented crisis. One might say that we’ve exploited nature enough, and now it’s just giving us a glimpse of its power to fight back. Whatever your take on the magnitude of this global emergency, we have to do everything within our control to contain the spread of COVID-19.
The exponential spread of the virus has prompted New Zealand and most other countries to go into complete lockdown. One month ago, COVID-19 didn’t even feature as a risk for most businesses. Now, almost overnight, every single person on the planet has been affected in some way by it. But with faith and cooperation, we will get through this.
The Taranaki Chamber of Commerce is a local business association representing over 700 businesses. We work closely with Councils, Venture Taranaki, WITT, Tui Ora, TSB Community Trust and other local stakeholders. We have strong national and global linkages and branding and are regarded as the voice of business. It is in times like these that the business community can turn to the Chamber for help and be guided in the right direction.
The Chamber is working remotely and is open for business
- We are available for any business enquiries and concerns via email and telephone - email@example.com and 06 759 9080
- We will continue to provide export document certification as a requirement of the supply chain for businesses providing essential services
- You can also follow us on our Facebook Page – Taranaki Chamber of Commerce
- For business support and information on the Taranaki Chamber website go to taranakichamber.co.nz/business-support/covid-19-business-support/
- For local SME business support information from Venture Taranaki, see business.taranaki.info/Sector-Support/Covid19_Response.aspx
- For the most up-to-date advice on the Government’s response to COVID-19, visit covid19.govt.nz
Events and Training
- All Chamber events are postponed. These include our Annual General Meeting, Business Connections, Network of Trades and WITT Top Shop.
- Training workshops that are being delivered virtually will proceed. To view what’s currently being offered, please go to taranakichamber.co.nz/events-training/
Stay strong and united to battle against COVID-19. This virus has proven that we are a global family, regardless of culture, religion or socioeconomic status. Let us take this opportunity to demonstrate the resilience of our Taranaki business community.
Spare a thought for those who are suffering and for those who do not have the option of working from home. There are thousands who will be working hard to keep the wheels turning – health care workers, emergency and essential services, supermarket workers, seafarers and aircrew engaged in carrying goods around the world – so that others can be provided for.
Keep working remotely if you can, keep healthy, keep fit and take the time to get to know your family better.
Please stay at home, break the chain and save lives.