Published: Monday 29 June 2020
Who are we and what do we do?
I have asked a few people on the street if they have heard of the Taranaki Chamber of Commerce. Some of them have, but most do not know about what we do. We are an independent membership-based organisation that helps to connect and grow businesses. We conduct regular events, promotions, training, seminars and entrepreneurship programmes for schools. However one of our major focuses has always been advocacy on behalf of businesses at a local and national level.
We are presently advocating for Taranaki companies to handle the decommissioning of the offshore Tui Field. All the specialist knowledge for this multi-million project is available locally. The Government needs to recognise this and back what they say about supporting NZ businesses. A demonstration of loving your local is required here.
WITT Love Your Local
We have been running the WITT Love Your Local promotion for the last three weeks to boost the spirits of businesses throughout the entire province. Online voting closes at noon today so get in quick to vote for the local businesses you love. Everyone who votes will go in the draw to win one of 10 gift cards valued at $100 from a local business. The 20 businesses with the most votes will win a cash prize and a free stand-alone course at WITT plus every business that receives a vote will be offered a great discount on stand-alone courses as well. It’s so easy to vote – go to www.loveyourlocal.kiwi
Just put in the name of the business, its location and your name and phone number!
Waitara Alive – making a big difference
The Chamber has been attending monthly business meetings in Waitara, which have been organised by Waitara Alive and supported by Tandem Group. We can’t help admiring how the community in Waitara came together during the COVID-19 lockdown to support one another and the more vulnerable people in the community. They are a great group of people helping to make Waitara a very desirable place to live.
- Our first Business Connections following lockdown was hosted by CMK Accountants. They have opened a new office in King Street but generously decided to hold the event at The Good Home to show support for a hospitality business.
- Tandem Group’s Network of Trades was held in Stratford and was hosted by Stratford Panelbeaters.
- Business Connections is on Tuesday 7 July and will be hosted by Bayleys Taranaki at their premises on Courtenay Street. The guest speaker will be Black Caps Manager – Mike Sandle.
- Tandem Group’s Network of Trades is on Tuesday 21 July at Safety ‘n Action in Sunley Street.
- Save the dates – Entries for the TSB Taranaki Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards open on Monday 17 August and our annual Business Showcase at the Plymouth International will be on Wednesday 9 September
- Microsoft Excel Pivot Tables – Tuesday 28 July
- Microsoft Word – Early August
To RSVP for any of our events, register for training, or for more information click here
Is your business a Chamber Member?
If not, you are missing out on huge opportunities to showcase your business, grow your networks, be represented via our advocacy and be part of a vibrant Chamber network!
Let’s do better business, together!