Published: Monday 26 July 2021
Finally, we have a commitment!
It is sad that it often takes a few lives before safety issues are addressed. Near misses should be enough to prompt corrective action in any safety-minded environment.
In this context, it is reassuring to see that Waka Kotahi has finally agreed to commit $82m to deal with dangerous sections of State Highway 3 in Taranaki. Good on our mayors, especially Neil Holdom, in persistently slamming the issue. The Chamber has also been pushing the issue with Waka Kotahi and the NPDC Mayor.
Safety reminder for all of us in winter –
- Drive to the conditions
- Be extra careful at intersections
Jobs jobs jobs!
This is the first time in decades that employers are in dire need of staff. Almost every sector of employment needs quality people. If you are looking for work or know someone who is looking for work, get in touch with us at one of our Chamber Hubs – 10 Corbett Road, Bell Block or 109 Princes St, Hawera. Call us on 06 759 9080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need help to be job ready, we can assist. If you need further training, check out WITT’s courses at www.witt.ac.nz
TSB Business Excellence Awards
Entries are now open for the 2021 awards. Any business in Taranaki that has been operating for 12 months or more is welcome to enter and you do not have to be a member of the Chamber. For more information and to see the benefits of entering please go to taranakibusinessawards.co.nz
Here’s a great opportunity to discover a range of fabulous businesses in your own backyard. The annual Chamber Business Showcase is on Tuesday 10 August at the Plymouth International from 5.00pm-7.30pm. Drop in on your way home from work to see a great range of exhibitors, showcasing innovative and exciting products and services available to you in the Taranaki region.
Entry is free and open to the public but we do require you to RSVP here.
- A big turnout at Toi Foundation (previously TSB Community Trust) for our July Business Connections. We heard about the ownership structure, four fund ‘buckets’, new name and the ongoing commitment to our community
- Network of Trades was hosted by Tasman Toyota in Hawera. CEO James Crighton talked about the history of the business in the community and we checked out the fabulous new vehicles
- Mr Ralph, a lighting shop specialising in decorative lighting and advice will host Business Connections on Tuesday 3 August from 5.15pm-7.00pm at its CBD studio
- Network of Trades will be hosted by WITT at its School of Trades on Tuesday 17 August from 5.15pm-7.00pm
- The Freedom Workshop – this Wednesday 28 July
- Microsoft Excel: Date & Time Functions – Wednesday 11 August
- Microsoft Excel: Basics/Intermediate – Tuesday 24 August
To RSVP for any of our events, register for training, or for more information click here
Is your business a Chamber Member?
If not, you are missing out on huge opportunities to showcase your business, grow your networks, be represented via our advocacy and be part of a vibrant Chamber network!
Let’s do better business, together!