Published: Monday 27 July 2020
is the name of the (long-winded) National New Energy Development Centre, which was officially launched last Thursday. Congratulations to the establishment team and Venture Taranaki who have helped to make this happen. The Taranaki Chamber of Commerce is proud to be amongst the initial shareholders of Ara Ake.
A high-powered government delegation, headed by the Prime Minister, visited Taranaki for this opening. The delegation also met with regional stakeholders to get a feel of Taranaki’s post-lockdown pulse. On behalf of businesses, the Chamber advocated for local businesses to be given the highest consideration for the Tui offshore field decommissioning project. Almost all the expertise for this project already exists in Taranaki and New Zealand and this would be the logical decision. It would keep jobs in Taranaki and help us to develop capability in a potentially exportable skill set, with an ability to bring in foreign earnings.
Employment Project Coordinator – Job Vacancy
The Chamber is seeking a confident, dynamic and self-motivated individual to join our team as Employment Project Coordinator on a full-time 12 month fixed term. If you have a trades or engineering background, are able to build long-lasting relationships and passionate about helping businesses and people, then this may be the ideal opportunity for you.
For a position description please go to either
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your votes! Over 600 businesses received votes and will receive a discount on any stand-alone course. Congratulations to our 20 winners – Area 41, Chaos Café, Elixir Café, Glow Beauty, Grow Easy, Headline Hair Salon, House of Travel, Kitchen Table, Lemonwood Eatery, Liquorland Fitzroy, Little Fed Café, Maple & Wild, Nicci Goodin Designer Florist, Nice Hotel & Lobby, Peggy Gordon’s Celtic Bar, The Baking Company, The Federal Store, The Good Home, TLC Meats, WISE Charitable Trust. Each winner receives a cash prize and a free stand-alone course from WITT.
- Bayley’s Taranaki invited Black Caps Manager Mike Sandle to speak at their Business Connections His interesting presentation on the Black Caps culture and comparisons with business resonated with the attendees
- Tandem Group’s Network of Trades was hosted by Safety ‘n Action where we learned about the wide range of training courses they provide
- Business Connections is on Tuesday 4 August and will be hosted by Zeal Taranaki at their new premises at The Mayfair
- Tandem Group’s Network of Trades is on Tuesday 18 August at the South Taranaki District Council in Hawera
- Save the dates – Entries for the TSB Taranaki Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards open on Monday 17 August and our annual Business Showcase at the Plymouth International will be on Wednesday 9 September
- Microsoft Excel Pivot Tables – Tomorrow and Wednesday
- Microsoft Word Working with Longer Documents – Thursday 6 August
- The Freedom Workshop – Tuesday 11 August
- Construction Contracts Act 2002 – Tuesday 8 September
To RSVP for any of our events, register for training, or for more information click here
Is your business a Chamber Member?
If not, you are missing out on huge opportunities to showcase your business, grow your networks, be represented via our advocacy and be part of a vibrant Chamber network!
Let’s do better business, together!