Published: Tuesday 28 January 2020
Kia ora and welcome to our first Chamber Chat for 2020.
WITT Top Shop
We are pleased to announce that WITT will be the new sponsor of Top Shop. This annual competition recognises those businesses in Taranaki who display Customer Service Excellence.
This partnership is a natural fit for WITT which as the largest and most diverse tertiary provider in Taranaki, provides the workforce that Top Shop businesses need. Nominations for the eight categories will open in early April.
Budding Entrepreneurs Need Your Help!
Do you have two hours to spare to give students feedback on their business ideas? The Young Enterprise Scheme is kicking off for 2020 with its annual Kickstart|Timata event and we are looking for mentors to share their wisdom and insights.
It is being held at the Plymouth International on 19 February from 10.30am-12.15pm and is always a highlight for students and mentors alike!
We're very grateful for the continued support of Massey University, TSB Community Trust, all our sponsors and the local business community. Their input makes all the difference in encouraging young people on their business journey.
If you can help or have any questions, please get in touch with our YES Coordinator, Katja Eager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our Christmas Business Connections at Chamber House was hosted by Mad Media who showcased their digital billboards. Over 120 members attended and also made generous donations of goods and money to Operation Blue Santa.
- Winners of the BARA Shop Local promotion were Maria Cunningham who shopped at Carpet Court and Heidi Irvine who shopped at Jane’s Gallery. Our thanks to House of Travel New Plymouth for providing the prizes.
- Tandem Group’s Network of Trades is on tomorrow night at Hayman QS in Egmont Village
- Our first Business Connections for 2020 is on Tuesday 04 February and will be hosted by BDO in their newly renovated offices on Young Street.
- Implement Brown Bag Lunchtime Series – Maintaining Balance – Wednesday 12 February
- Excel Training Taranaki – Macros and Introduction to VBA – Tuesday 25 February
- GirlBoss NZ – Create your Personal Brand and Network Like a Pro – Friday 28 February
To RSVP for any of our events, register for training, or for more information click here
Is your business a Chamber Member?
If not, you are missing out on huge opportunities to showcase your business, grow your networks, be represented via our advocacy and be part of a vibrant Chamber network!
Let’s do better business, together!