Young Enterprise Scheme
The Lion Foundation Young Enterprise Scheme (YES) is an opportunity for year 12 & 13 students to unleash their inner entrepreneur and experience the start-up world first-hand. It is an experiential programme where students set up and run a real business. Each YES company creates their own product or service and brings this to market.
Through the Lion Foundation Young Enterprise Scheme, students will:
- Learn how to plan and run a business with the help of a mentor from the local business community
- Engage in entrepreneurial experiences
- Develop a range of skills to help them in their career and in life: communication skills, problem solving & innovation, creative thinking, financial skills, attention to detail and perseverance
- Consult with and create networks in their community
There are four YES challenges that each company needs to complete:
- Challenge 1 – Product Validation
- Challenge 2 – The Pitch
- Challenge 3 – Promotion and Sales
- Challenge 4 – Annual Review
Each YES company can enter regional and national competitions, culminating in the National Awards where the Lion Foundation Young Enterprise Company of the Year is announced.
Our key sponsor for YES in Taranaki is Western Institute of Technology Te Pūkenga and we receive generous funding from the TOI Foundation. YES students also enjoy strong support from our local business community through sponsorship, awards and the involvement of business mentors.
Thank you to our sponsors:
Thank you to our key sponsors: