Young Enterprise Scheme.
The Lion Foundation Young Enterprise Scheme (YES) is an opportunity for year 12 & 13 students to unleash their inner entrepreneur and experience the start-up world first-hand. It is an experiential programme where students set up and run a real business. Each YES company creates their own product or service and brings this to market.
Through the Lion Foundation Young Enterprise Scheme, students will:
- Learn how to plan and run a business with the help of a mentor from the local business community
- Engage in entrepreneurial experiences
- Develop a range of skills to help them in their career and in life: communication skills, problem solving & innovation, creative thinking, financial skills, attention to detail and perseverance
- Consult with and create networks in their community
There are five YES challenges that each company needs to complete:
- Challenge 1 – Product Validation
- Challenge 2 – The Pitch
- Challenge 3 – Promotion
- Challenge 4 – Sales
- Challenge 5 – Annual Review
Each YES company can enter regional and national competitions, culminating in the National Awards where the Lion Foundation Young Enterprise Company of the Year is announced.
The key sponsor for YES in Taranaki is Massey University and we also receive generous funding from the TSB Community Trust. YES students also enjoy strong support from our local business community through sponsorship, awards and the involvement of business mentors.
If you would like to find out more about YES in Taranaki please contact our Regional Coordinator Katja Eager on 021 170 2477 or email email@example.com.