Te Karaka Foundation is the charitable foundation for Taranaki, our people and the causes that are important to us.
Te Karaka Foundation provides Taranaki people with a personal and enduring way to support the causes close to their home and close to their heart.
The Foundation administers endowment funds which create a new and complementary source of funding for Taranaki. Donated funds are pooled and invested, and the income used to make grants to the community in line with donors’ wishes. By 2025 we aim to distribute at least $400,000 each year in local grants.
Te Karaka Foundation is one of fourteen regional community foundations throughout New Zealand that have been established with strategic guidance and philanthropic support from the Tindall Foundation.
Giving through the Foundation
Gifts to Te Karaka Foundation can be made in a number of ways. As an individual, family or organisation, you can set up your own Named Endowment Fund or contribute to an established endowment fund. You can give to Taranaki during your lifetime and /or as part of a bequest.
There are many benefits of giving through Te Karaka Foundation:
• The Foundation’s regional focus and local expertise means that your gift contributes to your own community
• Because endowments are permanent your gift keeps on giving, now and for generations to come
• A Named Endowment Fund enables you to specify the name of your fund and the organisations or initiatives you wish to support
• Annual updates enable you to keep track of your fund’s earnings and distributions
• The reputable trustees & prudent stewardship of Te Karaka Foundation funds ensure that your gift is in safe hands
• Donations made to the Foundation may qualify for a tax credit
Donors who commit to establish their Named Endowment Fund during 2016 will be recognised as Founding Donors of Te Karaka Foundation. Our Founding Donors enjoy a number of benefits. To find out more visit www.tkf.org.nz
Services for Charities & Community Groups
The Foundation also offers funds and grants management services for charities and community groups. A Named Endowment Fund can provide your organisation with a vehicle to grow support for your organisation, maximise accumulated funds, plan for the future and manage the distribution of grants. We invite all Taranaki charities and community groups to consider the importance of a dedicated endowment fund to provide for your organisation’s long-term sustainability.
The Foundation is grateful for the contributions made by our Foundation Supporters, businesses which provide services to the Foundation on a pro-bono or discounted basis. To find out more about becoming a Foundation Supporter, email email@example.com or call 06 758 0899.