Taranaki Women's Refuge
Taranaki Women’s Refuge is the leading agency for domestic violence services in Taranaki. We are affiliated to the National Collective of Independent Women’s Refuges and have been providing service sin Taranaki for more than 30 years. We are committed to working towards a violence-free society by supporting the rights of women and children.
Domestic Violence in New Zealand has reached epidemic proportions. It is estimated one third of women in our country will be exposed to domestic violence in their lifetime, and currently around 50% of all murder sin New Zealand are a result of Domestic Violence.
All our services are provided by qualified practitioners.
What we do:
- A 24 hour crisis/support line
- Safe and confidential accommodation
- Community education
- Social work and counselling sessions
- Facilitating a women’s support group
- Support and advocacy
- Collaboration with other agencies
- ASPIRE men’s programme - one on one counselling for men with a male social worker