Chamber Hub Manager – Full time. Fixed Term 12 months.
The Taranaki Chamber of Commerce (TCC) is a well-established and respected business organisation that has been at the forefront of promoting, supporting and enabling business in Taranaki since 1936. We deliver a broad range of services to our members, including advocacy, business promotion, events, employment, training and coordination of the Network of Trades (NOTs), Young Enterprise Scheme (YES) and the Business and Retail Association (BARA).
Since June 2020, we have been working with Central and Local Government and businesses to help reduce unemployment in the Taranaki region. We currently run an employment hub (Chamber Hub) in both North and South Taranaki.
We are seeking a confident, dynamic and self-motivated individual to join our team in the role of Chamber Hub Manager, based in Bell Block, with management oversight of both the Chamber Hub in North and South Taranaki. If you have a business and recruitment background, are well connected to employers, are able to build long-lasting relationships and passionate about helping businesses and people, then this may be the ideal opportunity for you.
We offer a small, vibrant and supportive team environment with flexible working conditions to enable work/life balance. We foster a workplace where autonomy is provided, so individuals can grow and develop. You will be supported by the Placement Support Coordinator, who will work to identify, match and place job seekers with employers in Taranaki and look after office administration.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for:
- Building and managing collaborative relationships with employers, training organisations, industry clusters and similar groups
- Monitoring and achieving annual KPIs
- Establishing a project plan, processes and timeframes to achieve set KPIs
We are looking for someone with the following skills and abilities for this role:
- A business and recruitment background with a proven record of success
- Excellent organisational, time management and prioritisation skills
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills
- Self‐motivated and results orientated
- Previous experience in working with iwi, employers, job seekers and local government would be preferred
- A well-established network of employers/contacts (both Māori and non-Māori) in Taranaki would be advantageous
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter that outlines how you demonstrate the above requirements to email@example.com
Applications close at 12 noon on Monday 26 July 2021.